Terms of Reference – Junior Engineer
Sight and Sound Computers Ltd is an ICT company that has been operational since 1994. Over the years it has grown from a small service company to a respected IT solution company by prestigious internationally respected ICT partners. Our vision is to benchmark as the leading provider of professional IT Services in emerging markets around the globe.
The candidate, a problem-solving individual, will serve as a Junior Engineer within the Services Department. This is a full-time role.
- Providing technical support to customers and within the company
- Diagnosing and repairing of computers, printers, tablets and other ICT equipment’s
- Installing and Configuring hardware, software, networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, ICT or its equivalent
- Experience as an IT Technician or relevant position
- Good understanding of diverse computer systems, networks, security and emerging technologies
- Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge and complete certifications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Certifications: EITHER MCSE/A, CCNA OR a technical certification in at least ONE of the following technologies HPE Servers, Firewalls (Sophos, Palo Alto, Fortigate), Cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Knowledge or Certification of Linux/Virtualization would be an added advantage
Management and Reporting
Junior Engineer will report to Service Manager and Human Resource Manager for any administrative or logistical information.